Civil Engineering Apprentice – 36 months (TEMPORARY can lead to permanent)
16/17 years old – Year 1 – £10,595 per year – Year 2 – £15,719 per year (pro rata) Year 3 – £19,040 pa (pro rata)
18 years + – Year 1 – £15,411 pa – Year 2 – £16,702 pa (pro rata) Year 3 – £19,040 pa (pro rata)
(Please note that if you are 17 in the 1st year of your apprenticeship, you will only receive the 18-year-old salary in the 2nd year)
1 Position – 37 hours per week
Based in Britannia House, Broadway, Bradford and may be required to work on site with installation agents throughout the district
The Code of Practice on English Language Requirements for Public Sector Workers Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires councils to ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing jobs are assessed to establish their English proficiency.
The specific knowledge and experience criteria on the job profile presented in this announcement indicate the level of proficiency you will need to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application
This is a period of exciting activity within the Urban Planning, Transport & Roads department, which is delivering a major program of road and rail projects. The opportunities for our teams to gain first-hand experience in delivering large-scale transformation projects have never been better and we would like to invite you to share in this fantastic opportunity while training for a career in civil engineering. We are looking to recruit a number of apprentices who are enthusiastic, flexible and willing learners who can rise to the challenge of working with a team committed to providing the district’s transportation network for the future. Apprentices will be offered the opportunity to work in multiple shifts to gain hands-on experience in a range of tasks, including:
Undertake an apprenticeship program within the Square Department for which the primary purpose of the role is to:-
- Provide assistance in the design of civil works, including the preparation of designs, calculations, drawings, estimates, contracts and other documents in the Structures section.
- Provide assistance with contract administration, site supervision, record keeping, measurement of works, conformance to specifications, verification of payment accounts in accordance with the Board’s Rules of Procedure and Financial Regulations.
- Carry out surveys, feasibility studies and data collection and assist with report preparation, project development and consultation.
We are looking for people who are committed to entrepreneurship a Advanced level apprenticeship in civil engineering Technician level 3.
As an Advanced Apprentice, you will complete a training program including day release for college relevant to the role and receive on-the-job training to help you acquire the appropriate skills, competencies and qualifications for the role at the time. end of the training program. Successful completion of this advanced level (3) program can lead to permanent employment with the Council and an interesting and varied career where opportunities for progression will be offered to the right candidate.
To be eligible for apprenticeship you must have GCSE Maths and English at AC grades and be able to demonstrate Level 1 in Maths and English (an assessment will take place before the interview stage).
Please note that if an applicant has a qualification at the same or higher level in the same specific area as the advertised apprenticeship, the applicant will not be eligible for apprenticeship funding and therefore should not apply. If you are unsure, please inquire.
To meet the apprenticeship funding requirements you must be allowed to work in the UK and have been resident for 3 years.
Bradford Council will provide you with sufficient time, the working environment, the training and the range of professional activities in which you can complete your full apprenticeship.
The following special knowledge applies to this position:-
- Able to learn and use knowledge of health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and regulations, including risk assessments in own area of work
- Experience with Microsoft software packages and working knowledge of drafting and design techniques and software.
- Demonstrable knowledge of how to use, interpret, manage and communicate often complex and detailed information, and convey it to service users in writing and/or by telephone/face to face.
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload in accordance with service requirements
- Ability to adopt a continuous improvement process and suggest ways to work more effectively to improve service delivery.
- Is able to work productively within a team, under direction and on own initiative and takes responsibility.
- Respected confidential information and did not inappropriately disclose it to others. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Freedom of Information Act awareness.
- Ability to work flexibly and productively and present a positive image to public and private sector clients
Closing date: 24and April 2022
For further information regarding this position, please contact Dr Aaron Okorie on 01274 4341788 or email [email protected]
As this is an advanced learning opportunity, successful applicants at the screening stage will first be assessed on their numeracy/literacy skills. Only successful applicants from the Assessment Center process will be interviewed. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM PLEASE VISIT www.gov.uk