- Contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the Civil and Infrastructure Engineering discipline at the School of Engineering
- Permanent full-time position based at RMIT city campus and may be required to work at Bundoora campus
- Academic Level B/C + 17% Super
About the College
STEM College has a leadership position and expertise in science, technology, engineering, math, and health (STEM). We are uniquely positioned to influence and collaborate with industry like never before.
STEM College is a community of outstanding STEM researchers, teachers, inventors, designers, and game changers, supported by a talented professional staff. We offer higher education programs in all STEM disciplines at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels, and we ensure that our students receive a work-aligned and life-changing education.
RMIT’s School of Engineering is renowned for its high-quality, industry-relevant teaching and research, globally competitive graduates, and international connections.
For more information, see here for STEM College and School of Engineering
About the role
The lecturer or lecturer will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the discipline of civil and infrastructure engineering at the School of Engineering. The incumbent must make a significant contribution to program delivery and actively participate in research, consulting and other professional activities.
The Senior Lecturer/Lecturer will develop, engage and lead high quality research projects aligned with the research areas of the university to successfully attract research funding and produce high quality results. The Senior Lecturer will have an important research leadership role by integrating their research expertise into the life of the school and will be expected to develop high quality networks across RMIT and with local, national and global, internal and external. The lecturer will be able to network effectively with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
The lecturer may be responsible for program management and the lecturer for course coordination.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- A proven record of academic and/or professional achievement in civil engineering with proven expertise in structural engineering and building materials.
- Experience coordinating large courses (lecturer) and delivering undergraduate and postgraduate programs, and ability to implement innovative student-centered learning and quality improvement approaches .
- Conducted high impact research (Snr Lecturer) or emerging track record and recognition in designated field resulting in high quality journal articles and to prepare for and win competitive research grants and/or industry contracts.
- Experience with the higher degree of supervision by research candidates to maximize research performance.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to consult with senior management, external agencies
Mandatory: PhD or equivalent in the field of civil engineering and infrastructure.
Please submit your CV, a cover letter (indicating the role you are applying for) and separately address the key selection criteria for this position by clicking on the ‘To apply’ link shot.
Applications Close Sunday May 1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
The COVID-19 Compulsory Vaccination (Workers) Guidelines, made under the Public Health and Welfare Act 2008 (Vic) and as amended and replaced from time to time (Guidance), affect all persons employed or engaged to perform work by RMIT.
As such, RMIT job offers are conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory proof thereof. You can access directions here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19
RMIT is a disability confident recruitment team and we are happy to tailor the recruitment process to your accessibility needs. Please contact us at [email protected] by telling us your preferred type of communication and we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your needs.
We are a Circle Back 2021 employer – we are committed to responding to every applicant.