- Continuous full-time position with an excellent organizational culture
- Located on our leafy campus in Bundoora
- HEO10 classification attractive remuneration with 17% pension
About the role
The opportunity exists for an established engineering leader, with a seat at the executive table, to take on a critical role in managing the strategic delivery of key mechanical infrastructure assets to effectively support the achievement of our university.
You will be a key part of transforming the development of the city of the future and work with high performing teams who will empower and mobilize the city of the future of La Trobe, shape and make a difference in long-term infrastructure in this challenging role and rewarding.
Skills and experience
You will demonstrate a high level of theoretical and applied mechanical engineering knowledge, with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in liaising with staff at all seniority levels, negotiating effective outcomes, consulting and facilitating group discussions.
Your proven ability to deal with complex concepts, decisions and information/situations effectively and efficiently, coupled with a strong ability to manage and control substantial budget/resources/funding will help you succeed in this role.
A highly developed knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, theory and practice is essential to be considered for this role.
Please refer to the job description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to the Bundoora Campus
- 17% of the employer contributed to the retirement pension
- Daycare on site
- flexible working arrangements
- discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to register
Closing Date: Before 11:55 p.m. on April 28, 2022
Job requests: Ennis La Torre, Deputy Director of Operations – email address [email protected]
Recruitment requests: Melissa Magaton Senior Recruitment Business Partner [email protected]
Only candidates with Full working rights in Australia can apply for this position.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
That of the University Health and safety procedure – COVID-19 vaccination and other measures, requires personnel hired to perform on-site work at La Trobe University to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless exempt from vaccination due to a recognized medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work on-site. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, and providing satisfactory proof of their vaccination or exempt status. at University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable point in the key selection criteria which can be found in the job description. Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working at our inspiring and stunning campuses – the ideal hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners, and communities now and in the future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian employee working with children check prior to commencement..