Explore what matters
A career at SABIC gives you the opportunity to leave a lasting positive impact on the world and on yourself. From great health and wellness benefits to our comprehensive learning programs. We offer a wide range of benefits and offers that recognize that our employees have unique motivations and ambitions. It’s about matching what matters to you with what matters to us. Let’s explore what matters!
As one of the largest diversified chemical companies in the world, we activate the power of human capital to meet the future challenges of society. Through partnerships, we enable medical innovations that save lives and help fight world hunger. We drive the circular economy to benefit communities and our planet through sustainability initiatives, such as our TRUCIRCLE™ portfolio. Our success is based on the collective excellence of our 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Our values - Inspire, Engage, Create and Deliver – are the foundation of our success. To learn more about this and how we strive to be impact, click here.
Our goal is “The Chemistry That Matters”. It’s what drives us to do what we do. “Chemistry” goes beyond the application of science and technology to improve the world’s supply of essential materials. This is how we work, to build lasting relationships of trust. “What Matters” has a meaningful impact on the world – through the clients and communities we work with, so that we succeed and grow together.
It’s about matching what matters to you with what matters to us. Let’s explore this together!
For an overview of our work culture and benefits, click here.
This position reports to the Process Engineering Manager within the Technical Group at the Burkville site.
The overall objective is to improve performance in terms of environment, health and safety (EHS), quality, revenues and costs.
How you can be the impact
Identify and conduct performance improvement projects and engineering studies, including factory trials.
Provide routine technical support to resolve plant issues and implement corrective actions.
Lead and/or support site improvement initiatives and programs.
Primary interfaces include operations and maintenance managers and technicians, project engineers, process control engineers, technology representatives, as well as frequent exposure to site-level management.
The individual will also interact with other sites around the world to translate best practices.
What matters to SABIC
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (preferable: chemical or mechanical).
- Three+ years of experience in chemical manufacturing and/or extrusion environment.
- Technical/professional knowledge.
- Principles of project management.
- Fundamentals of chemical engineering.
- Preferred: polymerization, chlor-alkali and/or extrusion technologies.
- Preferred: Process safety principles (ie PSM activities, engineering standards).
- Preferred: Quality Management Systems (ie Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO, SPC).
- Preferred: Process troubleshooting techniques (i.e. root cause analysis, failure mode and effect analysis).
- Meets the physical and mental demands, with or without reasonable accommodation, of the position.
- Able to perform sustained physical activities including but not limited to walking, climbing ladders, stairs, standing, squatting, kneeling, pushing/pulling and ability to lift 50 lbs. regular way.
- You must submit your job application online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the “Apply Now/Apply” option on this page.
- You must be 18 or older
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work for SABIC in the United States on a full-time basis.
Availability to work
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position. Applicants must be regularly available and willing to work (e.g. Monday through Friday)]during assigned business hours and such other hours as the company deems necessary or desirable to meet business needs
We are proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer. We are fully committed to a culture of respect and inclusion.