Civil Engineering Technical Director
We are currently looking for a Technical Director to lead the global civil engineering capabilities of a consultancy business unit in Edinburgh, on a permanent full-time basis. Your main responsibilities will be to lead, develop and develop the capabilities of the civilian team in the Scotland region for a respected and award-winning client.
The successful candidate should ideally have a background in infrastructure and civil engineering, such as highways, transport planning, infrastructure, local government projects or rail. Including this, a demonstrable knowledge and track record in delivering the entire civil engineering service from winning work to project delivery and completion would also be desired for the client.
This could be a great opportunity for someone in a large consultancy looking for a breath of fresh air for a medium/large consultancy, or alternatively for a seasoned partner/partner looking to break through. the next step in his career.
The position offers a flexible/hybrid working environment, so candidates from further afield from central Edinburgh are more than welcome to apply and be considered.
Key responsibilities of this Technical Director position include:
– Using your industry experience, work alongside the Regional Manager to implement a successful business unit strategy for the continued success of the branch in Scotland
– Lead and develop technical teams
– Provide expert communication and client liaison capabilities
– Manage the direction and growth of the Scotland region of the business
– Promote the capabilities of the client/your employer to secure more work pipelines and business opportunities for growth
– Develop long-term partnerships and ensure excellent customer satisfaction
– Ensure adherence to company financial and performance objectives through effective people management, development and leadership
– Ensure that individual teams operate in compliance with legislation and industry standards, quality management systems and procedures
– Coordinate internal and cross-functional teams on small, medium and large projects
The successful candidate will ideally be:
– An engineer licensed or registered with a recognized professional institution
– Have demonstrable experience leading medium to large sized teams
– Have strong outward-looking and customer liaison skills
– Have experience winning new jobs and developing business
– Excellent knowledge of leadership and people management techniques
– Excellent communication skills
– Strong experience in project management and change management
This is a permanent position within Edinburgh, with a medium to large sized consultancy firm, which is looking to strategically recruit a Technical Director to provide internal leadership and external management capabilities and help develop and lead the business unit in Scotland.
If you would like to find out more about this position, or to see if other similar positions are available in the UK, please contact Andrey at Critical Project Resourcing.