Tata Steel deploys its first biofuel-powered vessel to transport imported raw materials
University of Birmingham in Dubai calls for applications for Masters in Civil Engineering
Posted on December 7, 2021
The University of Birmingham in Dubai is calling for applications for the Masters course in Civil Engineering for the months of January and September 2022.
The MSc Civil Engineering course is designed for civil engineering graduates and graduates with related degrees and experience. The program will enable students to take on leading professional roles in industry and academia, and develop the technical, intellectual and transferable skills necessary to support education and development. Through the course, students will gain a systematic knowledge and advanced understanding of civil engineering, including research and developments.
Students will earn the same degree as in the UK, which is recognized around the world for its research base and industry-oriented profile.
The 2-year program will provide a solid foundation for a career in the implementation of construction and civil engineering projects. The course is taught in intense teaching blocks. Learning is delivered through lectures, tutorials, workshops, seminars, as well as your individual project.
The taught element takes place in the first year of the program. To obtain the master’s degree, students will undertake a major individual project in the second year.
Course dates: January and September 2022.
Admission Requirements: A four or three year bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a relevant subject with 60-65% from a recognized institution in India. Applicants with relevant work experience may also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For students whose first language is not English, one of the following qualifications in English is required:
- IELTS 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any band
- TOEFL: 80 in total including no less than 19 in reading, 19 in oral comprehension, 21 in oral expression and 19 in writing
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Academic 64 with no less than 59 in all four skills
- Cambridge English (exams taken from 2015): Advanced – minimum overall score of 169, with no less than 162 in any component
Mathematics: If students do not meet the math entry requirements, they may be eligible to take a math entry test.
Application procedure and admission details: Applications for January 2022 and September 2022 are open and there is no application fee. To submit an online application, please click the âApply Nowâ button on the course page.
The following information will generally be required before a decision can be made on an application:
- An academic reference (or, if appropriate for the requested program, it could come from the applicant’s employer).
- Academic transcripts for all previous degrees – originals or certified photocopies.
- Personal statement, approximately 5,000 characters, explaining why you are interested in studying in your chosen program.
- Certificate attesting to your proficiency in English if English is not your native language and you have already taken a test (not required to be submitted at the time of application).
Applicants may be required to submit other documents in support of their application.
Tuition fees: The overall program tuition fee for January and September 2022 is AED 125,869 for a full two-year course (around Â£ 25,492)
scholarship: The scholarship options at the University of Birmingham in Dubai are designed to benefit all new students and the financial rewards can be carried over throughout the program at the foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. For entry in January 2022, the university offers scholarships of up to 40% depending on the students’ academic results. September 2022 will be confirmed soon.